A few of our customers have asked us how we recommend going about marketing their landing page to get more customer signups. We’re working on a more comprehensive whitepaper, but here is the quick outline I’ve been sending people.
- Create buzz on other sites.
- Cover your social media basics, get a twitter account + a facebook page and make regular updates.
- Get a free blog and start talking about your ideas as much as possible.
- Work on in person networking. Have to win local to go national.
- Test google ads. You get $100 free for signing up with them… perfect for testing CTRs before you launch.
- Give away something for a signup. whitepaper, video, etc. Knowledge has value and you can generate value for free.
- Engage people that sign up to get them talking with polls and newsletters.
- Make a name for yourself as an expert in related communities of customers.
What do you think? Do you have more tips for a new business looking to build an audience online?