Another component of our eBook will discuss how to increase the conversion rates of your launch page. I’ll tell you that unless you are famous just publishing a teaser isn’t going to work. Beyond that I’ll turn it over to our expert. Here is a snippet from our latest article…
Conversion begins with the right message
Now that you have your landing page, how can you convert the customers that show up? As a Web site or business owner, you know what you want your customers to do. But before you type anything, I invite you to clear out a few moments and answer the following questions in written format. Don’t cheat (like I do) and answer them in your head before sprinting on to the next paragraph. New doc or blank piece of paper—whatever you choose—be sure to write these down. As an example, I’ll include responses for one of my current client projects.
- What are you selling or promoting? Personal training and outdoor group fitness classes.
- What problem does your product or service solve? An experienced trainer will help you reach your goals faster – far more effective than your gym membership.
- What do you want users to do on your site / email / page, etc.? Purchase a package of training.
- Why would it benefit your users to click on / do / complete the call-to-action? They will be one step closer to achieving their goals.
- Why is it a good idea to click on / do / complete the call-to-action NOW vs. later? Pricing will go up, so they should move quickly for the best rates.
- How can you prove to your users that what you’re asking them to do is the right thing? Other happy customers have experienced great results.
- What types of incentives can you offer for their action? The trainer is currently offering promotions, such as buy-one, get-one-free, etc.
Answering these questions gives you a solid set of messages from which to work.
For more tips about optimizing your conversion rate read the full article.