Do you have an awesome designer on your team who could make your landing page just a little bit more personal? Would you like your favorite copywriter to spice up your page’s content? Or do you simply wish you could offload some of your email lead generation work to another teammate?
Great news. Now you can with KickoffLabs Multi-User Accounts.
Great…but what the heck is a Multi User Account?
Glad you asked!
A Multi User account enables KickoffLab’s accounts to have more than one user (clever naming huh?). No one but the account owner will be able to change the billing and you can even control access down to each landing page or customer list.
This has been a very often requested feature and we are super excited to share it with you. Go ahead and:
- Invite your designer or developer in to work on a specific campaign.
- Add a member of your marketing team to collaborate on copy.
- Give clients access to view their reports or even edit their pages directly.
Have no fear. You can choose to make someone a manager and give them access to everything except billing OR you can limit them to just viewing reports on one page.
We’d love to get your feedback so go ahead and give it a try. It’s available now to every Business plan level subscriber.
How could two founders run a large business without a large team?
We are coming up (around Feb 28) on 3 years since we started building KickoffLabs. In the daily ebb and flow of business, progress appears to move at a snail’s pace. I look at the big things we are working on, and I dream of having a small team of developers so we could ship it all in 2 months instead of 6 months.
However, looking at this gigantic list of services we use (or have used), I am floored by the enormity of it all. Two people really could not run a company of this size without so many amazing services. Thank you SaaS (software as a service)!
Here is a run down on some of the services and platforms we use for KickoffLabs:
We have a couple exciting changes coming to our reporting options.
The first is ready for you to use today.
Previously, you could choose to be notified about sign ups in realtime (as they happen), daily, or weekly.
Starting today, you can be notified of updates in realtime and either daily or weekly.
More Options For You!
This is a small change, but should be very helpful for those of you who need to keep customers updated on list progress, but still want the instant gratification of seeing new signups as they happen.
Google Analytic goals allow you to track your lead generation conversions directly within Google Analytics.
KickoffLabs has always made it very easy to take advantage of Google Analytic Goals. When a new lead signs up we notify Google Analytics for you. Starting today it gets even better.
Recently, Google rolled out a new version of their analytics called, Universal Analytics (the previous version has been named Classic Analytics).
Should I be using Universal Analytics? Short answer is yes, you should be using Universal Analytics.
Are you using it today? That is a harder question since Google currently makes you opt in when you add a new property or request the change in the Google Analytics admin.
However, the good news is regardless if you are using Universal Analytics or Classic Analytics, KickoffLabs will handle the goal tracking with no additional input from you. In other words, It Just Works!
Finally, if you are thinking, “I couldn’t set this up”, we have updated our documentation as well and provide you step by step instructions on navigating Google Analytics and setting up the proper goal.
If you use Google Analytics along with KickoffLabs, this is something you really should set up. If you have any questions on this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be honored to help you.
We are excited to announce you can now officially connect a KickoffLabs landing page to an AWeber email list. AWeber, if you are not familiar is a premier provider of email marketing software.
This means that any leads captured with KickoffLabs can be synced automatically with AWeber! This includes their email addresses and any custom form data you may have captured as well.
The real beauty in this feature (besides the great features of AWeber) is just how easy it is to set up and manage.
To see for yourself, log into your KickoffLabs dashboard or check out this short video:
We have been wanting to do a simple promo video for KickoffLabs. However, to really do “right” can cost thousands of dollars. That seems like a lot of money when you don’t even know if it will help with your conversions. However…
We recently came across two services that let us put together a quality product promo video in a couple of hours and for less than $200!
First, check out the video:
OK, so how did we do it? (and by we, I mean, how did Josh do it? :)
- PowToon – allows you to build a great looking animated presentations.
- VoiceBunny – Crowd Voice overs – seriously, this exists.
- Vimeo – Like Youtube… but for profesionals that don’t want ads running before, during, and after their video. Note: Since posting this there have been some suggestions in the comments below about how to make YouTube a better free option.
- KickoffLabs – :) We host this video on several of our own landing pages. The method/price is cheap enough we can do targeted videos for each landing page target.
I am sure there are other options out there, but we are quite happy with the experience using these tools. The video is our first attempt at using these services and we already have ideas for things we will change and improve in the future.
Even if you aren’t using these tools your video needs a script. We did this ourselves following a simple formula:
- Discuss the customer problem
- Offer a solution
- Explain why your solution is the best
In our case we also tried to answer a common question about the definition of a landing page in simple terms.
- Before submitting your script to VoiceBunny do a rough take you record yourself. This way you’ll know if the timing needs to be changed in your video.
- Cut stuff. We had to cut this down a few times and it could still stand to be simpler. You don’t have time to jam everything in.
- Simple explanations. You have more context, and know more, about your product than ANYONE else on the planet. How would you explain your product to a small child… or a golden retriever?
Armed with these tips and tools I expect everyone could make their own great product videos… that they publish on targeting landing pages built with Kickfoflabs. :)
About 8 months ago, we released the initial version of the KickoffLabs MailChimp integration.
This week, a major upgrade to our MailChimp integration has been released.
- You can now decide what type of MailChimp email is delivered (double-optin, welcome confirmation, or none) for both your existing signups and future signups.
- Our awseome KickoffLabs custom form data is now automattically sent to MailChimp for each signup.
These changes put you in complete control of the MailChimp integration and better enable our customers to leverage the power of MailChimp while still taking advantge of KickoffLabs simplicity and ease of use….and of course it literally takes just two clicks to set it all up.
Or to put it another way, Your email marketing campaigns just got even easier.
We made a quick video for you.
Be sure to look out for more awseom integrations like this in the coming weeks.
Great blog post by Eric Ries on Facebook’s hacker mentality.
As a developer at my core, I love the Facebook’s hacker mentality. However, what really stood out to me in Eric’s post was the very last paragraph
Here’s to the Zuck I admire, the one that had the courage to launch a simple, useful app in a week, celebrate his first 900 customers…
It is easy to get caught up in the Facebook’s impressive user numbers, but that wasn’t always the case. They, like you and I had to start some where. When we put our customer counter up on the KickoffLabs discovery page it was right around the 500 mark. That is a tiny number, but it was just a start. We passed the 3,800 mark earlier this week and will hopefully hit the our 5,000 customer goal in another month or so.
Your goals need be relative to where you are today. There is a lot inspiration in the stories behind companies like Facebook, but if you measure your own success against them you are doing yourself a huge diservice. Celebrate what you have acommplished and understand there is always more work to do….then celebrate again.
KickoffLabs is not likely to hit the 1 billion user mark, but we would have never hit 500, 3,800 or bigger without starting, shipping, iterating, and celebrating along the the way.
With this API, you can can now add new signups to your viral landing pages outside of KickoffLabs and check the influencer statistics on existing signups. We have kept the API extremely simple. However, you can build some really amazing things with it.
Here are threee examples:
1. Build out a landing page experience that’s 100% yours. We even have a published a complete example application (with source code): You are no longer limited to a designer & custom CSS.
2. Create a simple referral program for an existing product. Pass an email and give the customer a unique referral code for your product! Measure and reward your true influencers.
3. Go beyond a page and integrate us into your existing site. Someday you’ll outgrow our landing page site and need the flexibility and content only your own site could provide… but you still want to encourage customers to refer one another with our viral platform. Now you can.
We’ve got big plans for this customer referral platform and we would LOVE your feedback.
Running a service like KickoffLabs comes with an interesting moral dilemma.
On one hand, we want to keep each and every customer with us as long as possible since the money they pay us enables us to keep the lights on.
However, we built KickoffLabs with the goal of not only launching our own products, but to help others do the same.
So that is why today is a bitter sweet for us. We lost one of our early (and more vocal) customers, 99Launches. However, we did not lose them in the same way most businesses lose a customer (lousy support/etc.)
Instead we lost them because they took a major step in the start-up life cycle, they launched!
So please join us in congratulating the team at 99Launches and wishing them luck in their venture (and hopefully making us a featured start-up at some point :)).